Wednesday, May 23, 2007

More Fun Comics

So, I received a request for more entries in my "25 Comics I Like Best" series of posts, which stalled out after counting down to number 19. The major problem with continuing that project in the same format is that I wrote up the list so long ago that I've changed my mind about a lot of the books that were on it. For instance, right now, I'd probably put Peter Bagge's Buddy Bradley stories somewhere in my Top 5 not at number 24.

The other big problem is that when I moved into my current apartment last year, I had to store almost all of my comic book collection in my parents' basement (hey - I never said I was immune to cliched behavior). For the most part, the only comics I currently have around are ones that I haven't read yet. I don't really like writing about a comic book without having it around to reference: it's about the only way I can write about the artwork without going all fuzzy.

However, I do still have some of my favorites with me and so, while I don't think I'm ever actually going to complete the countdown I started way back when, there will be more, unranked posts about the comics I like the best coming up over the next few weeks.

No comments: