Thursday, July 21, 2005

5x5 Favorites: Random Movie Edition

My 5 Favorite John Carpenter Movies

1. Assault on Precinct 13
2. Escape from New York
3. The Fog
4. Big Trouble in Little China
5. The Thing

My 5 Favorite Adam Sandler Movies

1. Punch-Drunk Love
2. The Wedding Singer
3. Happy Gilmore
4. 50 First Dates
5. Billy Madison

My 5 Favorite Joel Schumacher Movies

1. Falling Down
2. D.C. Cab
3. Phone Booth
4. The Client
5. Tigerland

My 5 Favorite W.C. Fields Movies (Feature Length Only)

1. The Big Broadcast of 1938
2. Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
3. International House
4. The Bank Dick
5. It's a Gift

My 5 Favorite Sam Peckinpah Movies (Non-Western/Non-Rodeo Only)

1. The Osterman Weekend
2. Convoy
3. The Getaway
4. The Killer Elite
5. Straw Dogs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you that punch drunk love is tops on the sandler list, but little nicky doesn't crack the top 5?

PHSChemGuy said...

Sorry, but Little Nicky stinks...Punch Drunk is easily the top, though I'm eager to see Spanglish...

Tim said...

If you limit your Sam Peckinpah choices to non-Westerns, doesn't that sort of miss the point?

Jon Hastings said...

Tim,

No. My point is that Peckinpah's non-Westerns are good and worth seeing. But I was trying to be a little bit funny.