Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Time Out of Joint Top Ten List: 1996

My favorite movies from 1996:
  1. Fargo
  2. Palookaville
  3. Hamlet
  4. Flirting with Disaster
  5. Kingpin
  6. Fly Away Home
  7. Tree's Lounge
  8. Chungking Express
  9. Ransom
  10. Supercop 2

I also like: The Whole Wide World, The Frighteners, My Favorite Season, Trainspotting, Mission: Impossible, Multiplicity, MST3K: The Movie, Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, Star Trek: First Contact, Super Cop, and Crime Story.

My take: Quentin Tarantino doesn't really make an appearance (although I believe his company released Chungking Express here in the states), but I can see his presence all over this list, which is filled with "quirky" movies about sad-sack criminals and low-lifes and Hong Kong imports. Palookaville, is, IMHO, criminally underrated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David