Tuesday, September 23, 2008

For Sean, 21 shows off the top of my head that are better than The Wire...

I mean, I like The Wire, but...

1. Fawlty Towers
2. The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
3. Charlie Rose
4. The Twilight Zone
5. Twin Peaks
6. The Muppet Show
7. Star Trek
8. Dragnet
9. The Simpsons
10. The Sopranos
11. Wiseguy
12. The X-Files
13. Cheers
14. The Larry Sanders Show
15. Arrested Development
16. Prime Suspect
17. Deadwood
18. South Park
19. Dr. Who
20. Firefly
21. Blake's 7

Given enough time I could come up with a list of, probably, 100 shows that I think are about as good as The Wire, starting with Seinfeld, The Irish R.M., Fraiser, Inside Winston Cup (when Allen Bestwick was the host), King of the Hill...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deadwood? Ew.

jim kosmicki said...

Good to see someone else understand the greatness of Ozzie and Harriet. Did you ever catch Dobie Gillis? It's like a cross between Ozzie and Harriet and Green Acres (in terms of the self-referential and sometimes just goofy supporting character bits).

Jon Hastings said...

Hi Jim -

I haven't seen much of Dobie. I liked what I saw, but not enough to make an informed judgment.